– Healing Properties
& Useful Recipes.
of great health!
Raspberries, tempting with beautiful colour and delicious taste, are also rich in vitamins, mineral salts, tannins, flavonoids, organic acids and resins.
In the eighteenth century, raspberries were considered a panacea for all ailments. According to old folk medicine, raspberries were an ideal treatment for blood circulation and a weak heart. And that’s 100% true! Today we know that sterols contained in them prevent atherosclerotic changes and regulate blood flow.
Oh, Raspberry !
Raspberry fruits give many good, healthy effects on the human body. Among others, they act strengthening, expectorant, diaphoretic, but also antipyretic, diuretic. Substances they contain help to cleanse the body from toxins and can prevent atherosclerosis.
Leaves & shoots
Leaves and shoots of raspberries contain vast amounts of vitamin C and rutin. They fill the blood vessels, which has effect on our immunity. They act anti-inflammatory, relaxant, astringent, analgesic, antipyretic and antiseptic. Thanks to the high content of tannins, they inhibit the growth of intestinal bacteria and can help to cure diarrhoea and poisoning.
Check our recipes below, choose one or few you like most and try them in your kitchen! Don’t worry; they are all simple to prepare, healthy and have a very delicious taste. If you like these homemade raspberry goods, feel free to leave us a comment!
Homemade Raspberry Syrup - for infections
- Rinse the raspberries, throw them in layers into the jar, covering each layer with sugar.
(the ratio of fruit to sugar should be 5:1)
- Set the dish away, mix from time to time, until raspberries let go juices.
- Pour it into the pot, heat to boiling, reduce the heat and boil for about 5 minutes, mix with a wooden spoon.
- Pour it into the brewed jars, tighten, leave to cool down with the bottom down.
- Enjoy a delicious, healthy delicacy!
Raspberry syrup tastes amazing with muesli, yoghurt, toasts, pancakes and desserts.
Fresh Raspberry Juice - for anaemia, heart and immunity
- Rinse rinsed, drained raspberries with a juicer, pour them into dark glass bottles and screw them tightly.
- Pasteurise for 20 minutes.
- Store in a cool, dark place. (use the open bottle within two weeks)
It’s a healthy habit to drink a few spoons of raspberry juice a day.
You can add it to water or tea or mix with other fresh fruit juices.
During infection with fever, increase the daily dose several times.
Fresh raspberry juice improves immunity, fights infections, strengthens the heart and blood vessels. It prevents atherosclerosis, has a rejuvenating effect on the body. A large amount of well-absorbed iron and copper from raspberries help treat anaemia.
Raspberry Tonic and Mask - for irritated skin
- Pour two spoons of freshly picked leaves in a glass of boiling water, cover it.
- Strain after 30 minutes.
- Rinse the skin with cotton pads soaked in an infusion.
If you have a severe problem with irritated skin, you can prepare a mask with fresh raspberries by shredding three spoons of raspberries and mix it with a cream. Apply such homemade mask on face for 15 minutes and rinse it with warm water. For the best result, warm up your skin with a wet towel before applying.
Saint Hildegarde Raspberry Decoction - for fever and lack of appetite
Raspberry Leaves Decoction - for the stomach and intestines
Raspberry Infusion - for oral inflammation and painful menstruation
- Drizzle 1 teaspoon of the dried raspberry with a glass of boiling water.
- Brew undercover for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the mouth and throat several times a day and drink half a glass a day.
The infusion can be drunk three times a day with painful menstruation and in the second half of pregnancy.
It’s sometimes used to ensure a lighter birth, shorten the time of delivery and for better lactation.
Raspberry tinctures are truly delicious and can be very healthy if used properly and with knowledge. Try our recipes yourself and If you like them, feel free to leave us a comment!
Raspberry Leaves Tincture
- Pour a ½ cup of raspberry leaves 400 ml with vodka,
- let it digest for 14 days,
Raspberry Leaves Tincture can be used externally for skin with seborrhea problem, pimples, blackheads – it perfectly cleanses pores. It’s also useful in treating herpes, wounds, burns, ulcers, abscesses and wet eczema.
If you suffer abdominal pain and poor digestion, drink 10 ml of Raspberry LEaves Tincture in 50 ml of water.
Raspberry Fruit Tincture
- Pour 1 glass of raspberry fruit to 400 ml of vodka,
- let it digest for 14 days,
Take Raspberry Fruit Tincture 3-4 times a day – in 15 ml dose. You can mix the tincture with honey to obtain alcohol which works remarkably strengthening and expectorant.
Oh, we love raspberry desserts! They are both super healthy and super tasty, and what’s more, so easy to prepare. You have to try them at home! If you like them or if you know any other delicious recipe, please let us know in the comment section in this post. We will be delighted to try another raspberry delicacy!
Homemade Raspberry Jam
- Mix raspberries with sugar in a ratio of 4: 1 and set aside for the night.
- In the next day, fry for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour into hot jars and close.
- Let it cool down.
- Voilà, it’s ready! : )
Homemade Raspberry Icecreams
You will need:
- a glass of frozen raspberries
- a spoon of vanilla sugar
- few spoons of sugar (depending on your preferences)
- half a glass of fondant cream
- a glass of natural yoghurt
- Blend fruits with sugar,
- add yoghurt and cream slowly, mixing all the time to obtain a smooth mass.
- Put in the freezer.
- Store up to 7 days.
Remember: you can do icecreams from frozen fruits but freshly picked raspberries retain the most of their health properties.